The San-box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The San-box

This is a place for me to simply write all the ideas I have for my RP forum, Naruto Beginnings, down without clogging it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Magecraft Stuff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mitsu
Admin
Mitsu

Magecraft Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Magecraft Stuff   Magecraft Stuff EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Name: Wizard Theory: Casting
Classification: Magecraft
Class: Passive
Range: Self

Description: [Insert Name] is a Mage, but more specifically he fancies himself a Wizard, a magical being capable of great feats of power. Wizards, when it comes to their spells, have many ways of casting. These ways vary greatly from one another, each having their own focuses and boosting the power of the spells in which they are used past their normal parameters. [Insert name] is capable of using any of these casting methods he chooses at any given moment, allowing him a great amount of variability in his fighting style. The ways of casting are split between the Items used to focus the magic, and the method of formulating the spells themselves:
Wand = This is the basic item used with any spell, and the easiest for a Wizard to use thus they are viable for use alongside spells at D-Rank. Wands themselves can have any number of effects, determined by how they are made (i.e. their Wood and Core), though they are all good at Offensive, Defensive and Supplementary spells, awarding no bonus or penalty to any type.
Staff = This is a more advanced item for use with spells, requiring some knowledge of how they are performing their art, thus are only available for use alongside spells at C-Rank and above. Staves themselves are able to have any number of effects or abilities, determined by how they are made (i.e. Wood and Inlaid Gem), though they are better for performing Offensive Spells, granting a 1-Rank boost to them, while incurring a 1-Rank drop to Defensive Spells. Because of the conflicting boosts, Staves are incapable of being used to influence a spell that a Grimoire is influencing, nor vice versa.
Grimoire = This is an advanced form of item used alongside spells, and more often than not rituals, requiring knowledge of the art of Magecraft to be used properly, thus are only available for use alongside spells at C-Rank and above. Grimoire themselves are able to have any number of effects or special abilities, determined by how they are made (i.e. Cover and Pages), though they are better for performing Defensive Spells, granting a 1-Rank Boost to them, while incurring a 1-Rank drop to Offensive Spells. Because of the conflicting boosts, Grimoire are incapable of being used to influence a spell that a Staff is influencing, nor vice versa.
Foci = This is an advanced form of item used alongside spells, requiring knowledge of the art of Magecraft to be used properly, thus are only available for use alongside spells at B-Rank and above. Foci themselves are able to have any number of effects or special abilities based on what the Foci itself is (i.e. Orb, Dagger, Necklace etc.), though they are better for performing Supplementary Spells, granting them a 1-Rank drop in their prices, while Defensive and Offensive spells receive a 1-Rank increase to spell prices while a Foci is being used.
Verbal = This is the most basic casting method,
Non-Verbal =
Itemless =
Ritual =

Back to top Go down
https://thesanbox.rpg-board.net

Magecraft Stuff
Page 1 of 1